Monday, January 12, 2009

Market shits the bed, time for an anecdote.


This is a new series I’ll be calling it “Market shits the bed, time for an anecdote” (yeah I know the name isn’t too clever, but it’ll have to do until I think of something better). The basic idea of this series is telling the readers a comical story of everyday life here at Wall St Clothing to take their minds off of the craptastic day the market had.

(You might be thinking that, “hey the market didn’t do too bad today, it’s been worse.” But let me warn you that this series will have a direct correlation to my own stock picks, not the market as a whole. Lumber Liquidators dropped a huge egg today and not the golden kind. I know, who would have thought it would go any lower but that’s what I get for thinking I know a stock that I watched for 6 months. Anyways I blame Steve. )

But here we go:

So after college graduation we decided to take a trip to “live it up” before we hit the real world. The destination was based on where AirTran Airways could take us, because I had a remaining free flight I had to use. (Note: I’m in the process of writing the hilarious story of our Wendy’s/AirTran adventure so keep checking back in to hear that tale.) Anyways, we picked Miami because we went down there for spring break one year and had a great time. So I tried getting a big crew assembled to take part in the trip but I only got three other heads to join me. We got in late and who was there to surprise us at the hotel? Non-other than fellow Wall St Clothing founders Clint & Innis. This was a huge surprise for all of us because we had no idea and they managed to keep it a secret for over 3 months which is difficult to do when you’re around someone 24/7. Put it this way, we were so close that if we were girls we’d all be getting our periods at the same time. I think Steve actually had his period one month.

So we have a power hour one night and we hit up the town afterward. Needless to say we were all smashed and we ended up breaking into 3 groups. Me and Steve hung out with bums all night singing songs and having them paint us pictures on drift wood. (Yeah, its as weird as it sounds) Innis and Clint end up going into a couple of clubs, they had a few drinks and eventually left while still pretty drunk. Innis got so crunk that he called his father by accident at 3:00AM. The following is a conversation Clint and Innis had a few months after the incident:

cOoP531 (3:14:34 PM): miami was worse
cOoP531 (3:14:48 PM): when we were at the mamacita club
cOoP531 (3:14:54 PM): and i just left you there
cOoP531 (3:14:55 PM): haha
inns77 (3:14:56 PM): oya
inns77 (3:15:01 PM): that was terrible
cOoP531 (3:15:06 PM): hahha
inns77 (3:15:10 PM): i get lost and i dont know where anyone is
cOoP531 (3:15:12 PM): i couldnt even hear anyone talking
cOoP531 (3:15:18 PM): i was like in my own world
inns77 (3:15:29 PM): i remember i tryied calling you and i ended up calling my dad by mistake
cOoP531 (3:15:32 PM): some girl was trying to talk to me and i just walked away from her
cOoP531 (3:15:37 PM): hahah
inns77 (3:15:37 PM): haha

Well the moral of the story is if you’re going on vacation to Miami or Vegas, hell even a night of staying home and drinking, get any number out of your phone that you shouldn’t be calling at 3:00AM. Have a sibling’s number or a best friend’s number in your phone In case something does happen, but not your parents. This rule is not to be confused with drunk dialing. That issue will be addressed later.
(Note: the girl in the picture looks 15 but with bombs like that she has to be at least 18)

No comments:

Post a Comment